And there went another half pound. This loss of a half puts me at 225 now. It's time for pictures. Woohoo.
Probably won't take the pictures until this weekend, though. Hubby is going out with the other bosses tonight to see some Broadway show or another. I know it's one I want to see so I'm blocking out what it is so that when I decide we should go see it, I won't have to say, "ah, but Honeybunny saw it without me". So if I can successfully forget, which I've done, then it will be fine to go see it in a few weeks together. :)
Won't happen, though. We aren't in a traveling Broadway phase right now...we're in a pool and sun phase...
Pictures might happen Friday...but then again...might be Sunday. All I know is if this trend keeps up - I gotta take 'em soon or they'll be the 2-teens pictures!
I need my scrapbook, ya know.
Restriction. Still don't got it. But I'm doing pretty well, I think. I'm finding that I am going longer before I need to eat a snack. I guess I'm hoping the next fill will officially get me to not needing to snack.
We ate sushi last night. It was the first time since surgery that we actually went to a sushi bar and sat down and had multiple rolls. We ordered 4 rolls, to be exact. We now know that we'll order 3 next time. I had 2 pieces from each of the 3 specialty rolls and 3 pieces of our basic roll (a California roll with cream cheese instead of cucumber - it's how my Hubby likes it and it's pretty good, I'll say!). A total of nine pieces. It all went down fine but I had to eat each piece by the half and chew chew chew. I also had a seaweed salad - one of my favorite things! Did you know a seaweed salad only has 19 calories? Yum stuff!
I love that nothing is off limits so far but I'm sure eating a hell of a lot less of it! That's just awesome to me. I want to keep it this way! The band, to me, isn't supposed to be punishment. It's supposed to be feedback to help me become and stay wise! And so far, I'm not disappointed in that!
As with Tuesday, my calorie burn was quite a bit lower than the two previous Wednesday's which were all very comparable. So maybe this is the beginning of a plateau? I don't know yet. I'm sure watching closely. We'll see how the rest of the week goes...
We also went to our local Academy (the largest in Texas, I might add) and bought a bunch of dumbbells. Then we went to Fitness Unlimited and bought a weight plate tree and a dumbbell rack. One goal this weekend is to get the gym more organized and get a larger tv up on the mount. That larger tv is sitting on the ground (there's a smaller tv currently on the mount) and moving the larger tv and donating the small tv will create more floor space - where the tree and rack will both live. We have a set of those block weights, where you put in the bars to get whatever weight you are after. Supposed to be space savers. But I don't like working with them. There are only about two exercises I do that are conducive to those blocks, the rest I'm distorting my wrist to get them to work for what I'm trying to do. I'd rather not distort my wrist....
So...then...get home...from this wonderful dinner and this fabulous shopping...and our power had obviously been off due to apparently a whole day of storms and rain sitting over our house (yes, the pool even overflowed - I hate that we don't have an overflow drain!). Our power being off took down our internet...and in trying to fix it...looks like it's more than just needing to be reset...may actually be a blown modem...but I start futzing with the internet router...and now our computers won't even connect. So I made the internet problem into a router problem, too. We'll see if I have enough time to futz with it tonight...I do know that my workout is my first priority, though.
I sat there for two and a half hours trying to futz with it all...and it's not worth calling Comcast about the modem until I can get the router back to functional. But my feelings of exuberance about a great evening ended up shot. :{
Oh well. It's a new day. And I lost another half pound! I have no complaints - only joy! Woohoo!!!




Congrats! I can feel your excitement in your words!
ReplyDeleteNo complaints...only joy. That is wonderful! I'm glad you found me because I've found you now too! Keep up the good work! :)
ReplyDeletePS Though I live in NY now, I have a lot of family in Texas so it's close to my heart. :)
So the seaweed didn't cause any problems? I have this deep fear of it settling over the stoma and preventing everything from going down. Irrational? Yup. Has it stopped me from touching the seaweed at the bottom of my miso soup. Absolutely! Gosh, I can't wait to have sushi again!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the pics and CONGRATS on 225!!! Soooooooooooooo close to the 100's! =)
This is so awesome! You are totally rocking the band! I am afraid of sushi. I'm pretty sure it would not work for me right now....sad because I love it. Can't wait for pics!
ReplyDeleteGreat job! It sounds like your eating and your weight are on track! Major bummer about the rain and storm stuff. you've got a great attitude!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, so you're a swimmer? Do you have any tips for a newbie like me? Where do you swim?
So relieved to know that sushi won't be off limits! Congrats on the weight loss. And, thanks for the words of encouragement. :)
ReplyDeleteHey, how do you like the Gowear Fit? I was doing a bunch of research on that, the Bodybugg, and the Fitbit. Are you finding it useful?
ReplyDeleteI love the Gowear Fit! I'm finding it totally useful! I read tons of reviews before I bought it and chose it over the Bodybugg because it seems the calorie tracking aspect is nicer/easier/with a fuller list in the Gowear Fit. I love that it tracks my sleep, my exercise - breaks the exercise into moderate and vigorous and I can even set my own settings for what's what on those two. I have noticed that my calorie burn yesterday and Tues were 300 or so calories less than the same (and comparable) days of last week which means I might be getting into a plateau. I want to see what it does today...but this may very well be incredibly useful going forward as I can adjust NOW! I love it! And like the Scar Away patches - I seriously miss it when it's not on my arm!!!
ReplyDeleteOk lady we definitely need pictures before you go to the 210's. Glad you're doing so well even without restriction.
ReplyDeleteFor real - knock it off. I'm going to have to start boycotting you out of jealousy. Okay - fine - I couldn't do that...and secretly I'm insanely happy for you. Be well my dear friend.
ReplyDelete