Friday, July 9, 2010

07/09/10: What's this?

Me?  Two days in a row?  Is that even possible anymore?

My hubby told me to do it.  :)  Said he needed something to read.

http://www.restaurant.com/ struck again.  We took a friend out to dinner last night for his birthday.  The birthday boy wanted to use a restaurant.com gift certificate so we found a restaurant there.  A $25 gift certificate for a whole whopping $2.  Yes.  2 bucks.  We went to a place called Fuad's.  Fuad's is special.  They have no menu.  You spend all day thinking about what you want and you go in there and you tell them.  Come up with about the most complicated thing you can think of and generally, they'll say "ok".  First time I went, I did come up with something complicated and it was awesome.  Last night I decided to be nice.  I asked for shrimp.  He says, scampi ok?  Sure.

They also do their caesar salad tableside.  It's the real deal and it's awesome.

They also do their bananas foster tableside and they cut a ringlet off an orange and drizzle the flaming 151 down that ringlet.  I don't care for bananas foster, too sweet for me - but hubby and birthday boy said it was the best they'd ever had.  It's fun to watch the preparation - but I'll stick with my spectacular cup of coffee!

Ok...now please...no more fancy meals.  Three in less than a week is pushing it for me.  Odd thing to complain about, eh?

I count myself as pretty danged fortunate.  :)

We are looking forward to a weekend of nothing.  Lounging by the pool, grilling when we are hungry, sleeping in, getting stuff off the DVR...

Gotta take care of the DVR...we are switching from cable to satellite and we gotta get these shows watched.  Or lose 'em.  Seems we can't sit still long enough, here lately, to keep up with the DVR.

Another fortunate blessing!

Isn't it odd how being off of your routine can really change things?  The whole time in Vegas I was struggling to eat.  Didn't worry about what I ate cause 1) I was walking a ton and 2) (more important) I was on vacation and didn't care.  Yesterday I updated my calorie tracking...yeah...my struggling to eat still worked out to an average of 1500 calories a day while we were there. 

Not bad...I'm not complaining...and I lost...and I'm losing...but being off the routine and losing control of my food preparation really threw things out the window.  Interesting...

My RNP...the one I saw on Tues about this infection...she called me yesterday.  To see how I was doing, how the wound was looking.  Awww!

Yesterday I wasn't sure what I thought but today I think it is definitely looking better.  Yesterday I wasn't sure what I thought but my hubby thought it was looking better.  Today I think it's looking better and my hubby thinks it looks the same as yesterday.  Eyes can be quite odd!  However, I think it looks a lot better today!  Noticeably!

While I was talking to the RNP she made sure that I had an appt with my surgeon next week.  And she also logged into the lab system to see if results for the culture had been posted yet.  It was a preliminary report she saw but preliminary results are showing no growth. 

It's still kinda red...but whereas there was a definite dot that was open before, now it is completely scabbed over and when wet, the dot seems to be gone.  ie no opening.  I like no opening.  No opening makes me feel all kinds of better!

That's about all I got.  Maybe I'll go see if there's a BYOC for me to do...I haven't done one of those in ages....

2 comments:

  1. You take care of that spot mmkkaayy? I love two days in a row. Makes Draz very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love restaurant.com, It's a great way to try a new restaurant or to afford one you usually couldn't afford. I hope everything's ok with the red spot... *Maria*-from "This one time at Band Camp... Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete