The shopping is done. I still want something for our neighbor...but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. We have a place or two more we might try...but at this point, I think the deed is done. I can make her a vase or something if I put the basket together and decide it just isn't enough.
The presents are mostly wrapped. I have five kids gifts left to wrap and my hubby has me to wrap for. Then our wrapping station can get put up - which means we get our dining room back.
The English Toffee (batch 3) is being made tonight.
And all is shaping up to actually have some couch time this evening. Good thing. Our DVR...something we usually keep at "30% free" is at 7% free. If we don't get some stuff watched and off it, we won't be able to record the new stuff. And you know we'll be devastated if we don't get to watch the latest episode of X.
(dripping sarcasm)
Work is work. It's the end of the year wind down which means it's insane and yet slow. It's insane because 1) our clients want to spend the last few dollars they haven't spent this year. If they don't spend it, their budgets typically decrease by the same amount next year. And 2) because more than half of my team is on vacation. So the few of us that opt not to take any vacation time around the holidays get to hold the bag for them while they are off playing. I am one of about 5 people that don't take any time off...so I get lots of fabulous opportunities over the two weeks of Christmas. But it also means my normal slack time isn't there.
So I'm busy at work...but I'm also just babysitting everyone else's stuff. Which means I can't wait until 3:00pm tomorrow. Maybe even 2:00pm. We get knocked off early before a holiday...and I just want to get to that point of knowing I have four days to sleep in and relax and enjoy my peeps and do some wonderful cooking and enjoy some sort of something or another to entertain houseguests. We'll get to finally meet our three week old (on Friday) niece. We'll get to be festive and merry and see all of our stresses of the past couple of weeks melt away as we realize why we pushed through it all. 3:00pm tomorrow is my barrier, right now. Once on the other side of that, it should be a great time!
And next week, at work, won't be like this week. It's a 3 day work week in which all those who were gone this week will be back. While I'll get to pick up some slack for those who are gone next week...the attitude will be different, in that, if it aint done yet, it probably aint gettin done "this year".
Ugh...is it over yet? This work week?




Agreed... I work until 8 pm tomorrow and then I am off for 11 days. I can't wait. Lots of people are already on vacation so those of us who are here are doing more. O well... we will make it!
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to stay focused on work when play is right around the corner! Have a Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI totally AGREE 3pm tomorrow can't come fast enough MERRY Christmas
ReplyDeleteYES! Unfortunately I have to work Christmas Eve but I'm off by 10:30 am and it just can't come fast enough!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got most of your Christmas stuff done. I hope you have a Merry Christmas even though you have to work right up until then.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a wonderful and relaxing Merry Christmas.
ReplyDelete