Thursday, April 8, 2010

04/08/10: Now it's a three-a-day day...

So I was jumping the gun as usual and I had to send my advocate an email to tell her what I told her in my voicemail.  I don't know which she got first but I'm going to assume it was the email because a mere 2 minutes later she was calling me back.

I'm on the schedule for Monday.  She said that's all she has to do for me is get me on the schedule and the pre-op nurse would be calling with more specifics and times.  That call could come today or tomorrow, she said.

An hour later the pre-op nurse was calling me.  I am to be there at 8am on Monday and I shouldn't have much of a wait time.  I don't know what that means.  I'll find out on Monday.

So 8am on Monday is surgery time/day for me!

What else can I tell you?  I might actually be glad I don't have too much time to think on this.  Now would be when the worrying starts, eh?  Not to say I won't, I do still have three whole days and a few more hours.  I will be curious to see how the next bit of time unfolds. 

I know I'm excited.  I'm moving forward.  I'm moving on.  It's becoming official.  I will be a bandster.  I will learn new lessons and be proven wrong (and maybe right on occasion, too).  I will unearth new aspects of my personality that either never existed before or have been hidden for far too long.  I know this is wrong on many levels but I feel like I'm finally moving on to the rest of my life.  It's like a gateway.  Energy, health, vigor, stamina, even peace are all on the other side and I just have to "cross over".  I can't wait!!!

My boss has been told and said "well, wow, that's fast.  We knew it was coming and it's fine, but that's fast.  You were right.  Wow.  It's fine, we knew it was coming.  It's just me and another girl out next week so it's fine.  We'll be fine.  But that's fast.  You're fine, because you warned us, but wow."

Ok, enough babble.


21 comments:

  1. I am *so so so so* happy for you! I remember that feeling, it *is* a gateway. It's such a relief when it's finally over. It's like you can finally get this show on the road and start the rest of your life. Try not to worry too much, I think you are the most prepared that anyone was. You have done the work, just trust yourself and that this is the right thing for you. It's all going to be OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! An approval and a date?! awesome!!!!! Hey we're both APRIL BANDERS!!! Well, there's the reason for the delay in approval...it's all my fault...I was unconciously wishing that we'd be Band Month Buddies! I'm so glad it's coming fast...NO MORE WAITING!!! Hooray for Monday!!! I'm so happy for you...you MADE my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My freaking goodness!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Monday is so close its unreal. What a journey you have already taken. OMG, seriously I am so excited and its not even me.

    This is great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! You have a date. I'll miss all the insurance crap. No jinx. I can't believe you are booked but I am so happy for you. Stick to that pre-op diet now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I think I will start that pre-op diet now!

    Congratulations again, I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I know you have been waiting for so long to get a date. I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I am so happy for you... Yeah.... I am doing a happy dance for you,.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Monday!! You're going to have a busy weekend buying liquids and mushies - fun!
    I'm glad they could get you right in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!!!!! It feels so great to have everything finally in place doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am soooo happy for you too!! I am so happy, that I am doing the happy dance for you!! :)

    I know that you have been waiting for this for so long, and now it is here!

    At least you have already been on the pre-op diet and you only have 3 more days of it!!!

    And like others have said, you have been going through this pre-op bull s**t for so long, that you already know everything there is to know, except for the actual experience!! Now you will have that too.

    I am so happy for you, that my face hurts from smiling so much. My DH asked me what was going on!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. *Happy Jig* Fantastic news!!! I agree - knowing you're going in really soon doesn't give you much time to dwell - and you're going to do great. Let the journey begin.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, at least something about all this was fast. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. whew what a whirlwind. I had to wait almost two months once I was approved and it sucked!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As soon as you get to the hospital, it is like a whirlwind. You will be in recover as soon as you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That IS fast! I'm so happy for you! I think it's best you don't have a lot of time to mull it all over. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yipee! I'm so excited for you, we'll be waiting to hear all the details. I have got to figure out what's wrong with my blog, your new posts are not showing up on my dashboard and I'm getting mad.
    I'll be holding you in my thoughts! You are prepared, I hope it goes smoothly.
    Big Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woo Hoo! April 12th is MY two-month bandiversary AND my youngest daughter's seventh birthday AND my grandmother's 81st birthday. A very auspicious date indeed! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so excited and happy for you!! I am so glad you are on your way. I will be thinking of you and hope for the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is such great news!
    You'll do just fine, so no worries over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic News... I don't think I have come across anyone who wants it as much as you...roll on Monday :-))

    ReplyDelete