Thursday, April 29, 2010

04/29/10: Not What I Expected

Are you experiencing deja vu yet?

I never expected my little ol' blog about what I never expected to elicit such a response.  Good heavens alive!  I was sooo not expecting that.

Love it!

Meanwhile...here it is, 2:12 pm as I type, eating my first food for the day.  Just not hungry and the smoothie was..umm...not..."proper" today (love you, Husband!).  So I opted against it since I'm never hungry before 11am anyway and I just didn't feel like drinking something...not..."proper"...just for the sake of drinking something.  And figured without my smoothie I'd be hungry around 11, as usual...but here it is...2:15, now, and I was finally hungry...until I took about three bites...of chicken salad...then I was full.

Insane.  I have it sitting in front of me...hoping I'll get more in. 

Not complaining.  Not at all.  Not griping, and not bragging either.  Just surprised.  Very pleasantly.
So...in other news...hmmm.  It's gorgeous outside!  I have no work to do at work.  I have a class next week so I won't get any work until I get back.  So it's hard to be at work with nothing to do when it's so very gorgeous outside!

What else.  All bruising in ma bell-eh is gone!  I can't see any remnants of swelling anymore either. 

What else.  I'm tired of chicken salad.  At least the stuff we have.  It was soo good for awhile and now I want to make my own.  I can't wait for this stuff to be gone.

Should I buy a Bodybugg or a Gowear Fit?  Or should I buy a heart rate monitor?  They make one for swimming now.  So I could get that one and then a regular one, too, for everytime else - or maybe even a Gowear - I think I like that one better than the Bodybugg.  I think they would just be cool gadgets to have and might help me break plateaus when they do happen.  But I don't know that they are necessary.  What do you guys think?  I don't think they are necessary, I think, ultimately, using an online thing like Fitday (what I use) can tell me what's what...but I'm on the fence.  I mean...I want the gadget...I think...so what do you all think about the things...and what do you use, if you do?...and do you recommend anything or nothing or what you have?  If you recommend what you have, then what do you have?

What else.

I feel like me again.  No more insurance crap.  No more will I get banded/won't I get banded.  No more when-if-when.  No more waiting.  It's on with it. 

See...I'm kind of a nut.  Just ask my husband.  He'll tell you.  He says I made him a nut.  I think he just made me nuttier.  He's a nut, too.  He knows it, it's ok.  So together, we're nuts.  Well. My nutty self wasn't coming through in my blog cause I was so will I/won't I?  When?  But now...well...I DID!  And it was on 4/12/10 at 7:30am (at least I was taken into the OR around 7:20 and since I fell asleep, I don't really know when, so I'm presuming somewhere around 7:30 was when it started) .  But I tell you what.  I feel like me again.  The me that is, not that me that is chasing something.  So nutty!  But you know what I'm talking about...that whole stress thing...it's gone...I'm no longer stressed about the band...and it's nice.

Can I please eat some food!??!

Now what do I do?  Not enough protein...worrisome...I can drink water...I can eat...it does go down...not running into problems there...just don't want it...but that means...not enough protein...or calories...but protein is the bother.  I got plenty of stored calories.  I need the protein...don't want to lose muscle...want to gain muscle...and so I need protein.  It's like a drug.  I need it.  The rest of it...I got.  Calories galore.  Still plenty to pick and choose from.

Maybe I'll go shopping tonight.  I got a few gift cards, one of which might be expiring soon....and Husband is going to a baseball game with his buddy-ol'-pal...so I gots an evening to myself.  What do you do with such things?  I don't remember.  I want to walk.  Miles.  2, maybe 3.  I walked 1 last night.  It was nice, although chilly.  How is it chilly...in HOUSTON....in APRIL?  We should be getting humid already...and we aren't.  We are still in the 50's and even 40's at night.  Insane.  Like my eating...or my lack thereof...

This is probably enough nothing for the day.  Hope you're having a good Thursday!!!

Added at 3:35pm: Awww...someone just walked by my little cubby-hole and said "you are looking really good!"  I beamed AND blushed and I couldn't make the beaming smile go away.  And then she knew she did good.  AWWW!

8 comments:

  1. Shopping and a night to yourself...EMBRACE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to ask you yesterday, did your surgeon end up giving you a fill at the time or surgery? I seem to remember you saying that you wanted to do great on your pre-op diet so your liver would be small and your doc would give you a fill. Wonder if that's part of why you have so much restriction. Unfortunately my surgeon won't do a fill at time of surgery no matter what. At any rate, I'm happy things are going so well for you. You deserve it after all the crap you went through. I can't wait until all my stuff is done and I can get banded and start to feel "normal." Right now I feel like so much is on hold until I get the band. I can't comment on the bodybugg or gowear - I don't have any of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's what's up with me today! The chasing and stress from should I / shouldn't I. It's like hurry up and wait.....

    I say don't let those gift cards expire, use them up! Have a nice night with yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, yes, I got a fill. It was only 1cc - and he will do up to 4cc's at the time of surgery. But...there's a big ol' huge BUT to this that makes me happy.

    He told my husband when he went out to talk to him that my liver looked "wonderful" and that I had worked very hard. He said that he gave me "as much as he could give me". And when I see the image that was taken immediately after surgery, I believe him. I don't think I could have taken 4cc's without having my stomach completely closed off. See the blog "04/27/10: Is this normal" for the picture of what I look like, or at least did on 4/12, with 1cc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't thing the gadgets are necessary... but for me they are a very helpful tool. Let me explain you why... I was stuck at 228 for several weeks and I thought that I did not do anything different than before when I was losing. With the Gadget (in my case the GoWear Fit, which I prefer over the bodybugg because it also monitors sleep efficiency)I get a real idea of what I am burning, I can see how my work outs influence the rate I am burning calories, I can see and work for a calorie deficit. It is a great motivator for me. I find myself watching my favorite TV show at night, check my "gadget" and realize wow, you did not burn a lot today... and I will get my a$$ up from the sofa and do an additional 30 minutes on the elliptical.

    This approach may not work for everyone, but it does for me.

    If you invest into a "gadget" know that you won't wear it every single day... There are times when you are losing effortless and there is no need to monitor anything... but when those plateaus hit or the rate of weight loss slows down to a level that frustrates us it is a wonderful tool, especially because you can log your food right in the GoWearFit Interface and it calculates the deficit automatically.

    In my case... I am sooo motivated to get to ONEderland that I use my "Gadget" 24/7 right now... but I know that there will be times again, when things go their way and I won't need it.

    To sum it up, for me it is a great motivator, a very helpful tool... and a tool that helps me break plateaus.

    Have lots of fun with the gift cards and enjoy the gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE my GoWear Fit (now called BodyMedia Fit)!! Yes, you don't need it, but I think it does help. When I started using mine I found that my calorie burn was very different than what the online calculators said and I found that I was much more sedentary than I thought.

    I find it to be very motivating. For example, my burn goal is 2400 - if I am only at 1600 or something by dinner I know I have to push my exercise routine.

    Another thing I find it really useful during plataues (or avoiding plataues). If you pay attention (which I wasn't for a few days) you will notice that your calorie burn has fallen. You might not have changed anything in your routine. Either your exercise is getting stale or you just are burning as much for the activity because you way less. You can quickly see that you need to change things up before it goes too far on the scale.

    I currently wear mine everyday and have for the last 3.5 months. I am learning more about how to use it all the time (or how to use the data). Plus the more you wear it the smarter the device gets. I also like that you can input daily totals for calories so if you use another app for tracking calories eaten you can just transfer the totals.

    The only thing that can get frusterating is that weight loss does NOT equal calories eaten minus calories burnned. The body is just too complex to fit into those mathematical formulas you hear the nuts talk about. But the device can help you find your sweet spot - the right number of calories in/out that leads to the best weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Polar F11 - love it - it beeps at me when I'm not working hard enough and I'm a tracking spreadsheet whore so always want to know exactly how many calories I burned. And um - you have gift cards ready to expire - you crazy girl - GO SHOP! Or send them to me because you love me the mostest. I'll buy you something nice I swear. I heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love a compliment and no hunger...well done

    ReplyDelete