Friday, October 1, 2010

10/01/10: What a weird date

Anyone care for some digits?  I could turn the above code (aka, date) into a picture if you let me convert it to data...we'd have to remove the slashes, those would present as "spikes" and "spikes" warrant the image meaningless...

Oh well, I digress.  Goofy girl....

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

Me.  You really wanna know?  Brace yourself, it's crazy wild.  I'ma wash my windows!  Yep.  That's my plan.  Go home and take the screens down tonight as a friend/neighbor is joining me for this wild endeavor and we want to start early so that some of the windows can be hit before the sun hits them.

My husband has to work for about four hours tomorrow.  End of the month stuff as well as end of the quarter stuff and the cutoff for the month end makes all the reports due TOMORROW.  Can't do the stuff today because people will still be using the system today, so he's gotta give up four hours of his precious weekend.  So while he's at work, I'll warsh me some winders.  Then that same neighbor/friend, hubby and I will meet up at a new joint that just opened called Twin Peaks to watch some football and see if we like the food.  It's supposed to be Hooters style (although I want nothing fried, so we'll see how this works out) but there are booths instead of wide open tables and each booth has it's own tv.  And yes, you get the remote, too.  There are a couple places like this that have opened recently and we are curious to see if they have any merit.

Not much else.  Laundry and getting ready to go.  We are headed to Wisconsin next week to see my in-laws.  They bought a "summer" house in WI about two years ago now and it's our first time getting up there to see the house.  I can't say a summer house, but instead say a "summer" house because somehow, in their mind, the WI summer is March-November.  I think that's nuts.  Last "summer" they did stay up there until a few days before Thanksgiving and I'm noticing this year, they are coming back to Texas by the middle of Oct...basically, when we leave, so will they.  That seems a bit more reasonable.  I love the cold, but there is no way I'd call WI in November "summer".

Of course, a lot of my experience is from having lived a bit north of Chicago for about a year.  And...well...where I was...was right on the lake...and that lake, I know, makes temps drop a bit quicker with more wind, to boot, than the more "inland" location they are in.

Well..I guess I'm gonna sign off now.  I am not quite ready to talk about what I really want to talk about quite yet so instead of talking nothing but fluff about unfluffy fluff, well, I'll leave you to your peace.  I am working on Monday and I may blog again then, but you may not hear from me until we get back home.  (ah, dangit, eh?)

BYOC

1. Are you late, early or on time?

Well...when it's just me, I'm early.  When it's my husband and I together, we're late.  When it's him by himself, he's late.  I know this will get worse with younguns, too.  Which sucks.  I HATE being late or even "right on time".


2. Name 3 things you dislike and 3 things you like:

Dislike: inconsiderate people; that there are only 24 hours in the day; that weekends are only two days long while weeks are friggin five.  We need a better balance, people!

Like: my husband and being with him; how I feel after a hard workout; swimming.  (I could do a lot more likes!)

3. Are you a morning or night person?

When I don't have to go to work - morning.  When I have to go to work the next day - night.

4. What is your favorite clothes store?

I haven't done any real shopping that I had fun with in so long that I don't even know anymore.  I know Nordstrom has always been high on my list.  I always used to wander in and out of boutique stores and could find things but there are very few places I actively seek out.
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in life and in blogland.

In life: Life's good.  Work is good, play is good, life is good.

In blogland: It feels so good to have the traveling-BOOBs back and now that I'm caught up on months and months of blogs that I kept missing because of all my "little weekends away", it feels great to be commenting again, to be more active again.

5 comments:

  1. You are a wild and crazy gal washing windows. Although, I don't have anything super great this weekend myself. Going to a football party on Sunday, so that should be fun. GO RAVENS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Window washing actually sounds like it could be fun...Good at least to feel productive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit you crazy woman - you wash windows? Eeek - I should sooo be doing that too! Love your comment on my post today...I knew you'd get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey GF...just letting you know that I'm always reading (and you're never abandoned). You're doing such a great job figuring all this out...especially the headband stuff (and yes, the Band is for your head too...Love that!). Enjoy what's left of your weekend sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you come over and wash my windows while you're at it? :P They could really use your dedication...

    ReplyDelete