Monday, October 8, 2012

10/08/2012: Breaks my heart

I came across this blog via a follower of mine that is trying to help another blogger spread the word of a very rare and aggressive cancer.  The child's name is Ty.  He is 5 years old - just had a birthday - and he was placed on Hospice a few weeks ago.

Just like Avery's Bucket List, these parents are trying to raise awareness.  And like a lot of people, The Campbell Family are just trying to find peace with what is happening to their 5 year old son.  The mom is absolutely devastated but she is trying so hard to keep it together for Ty's sake.

Ugh.  I just can't imagine.  For 3 years Ty was a healthy normal baby boy.  And with the advent of a headache, it went downhill from there.  Until it turned around and he was just a stone's throw away from having a terminal diagnosis.  I bawled my eyes out as I read more and more of this story.  Husby told me I was not allowed to read this blog to him.  As much of a crier as I am, Husby can certainly shed major tears, too, usually before I do.  No, this wasn't a tear streaming down my cheek.  This was a full on ugly cry.

It's so weird when one comes across things like this.  I have 2 healthy and beautiful baby boys.  They are normal.  They are hitting developmental milestones usually in advance of normal.  They are growing and soaking everything in.  So much so they refuse to take naps, most of the time.  Just too afraid to miss something.

This mom should be writing things like that!  Not "Not to dampen the happy mood with regard to Ty's birthday, but Lou and I bought Ty a casket today, online, and his suit came in.  Not the kind of birthday "presents" any parent should have to buy.  We are all still praying that we'll never have to use them. "

I feel like I am blessed with my two beautifuls.  Avery - from Avery's bucket list, was a month younger than my guys.  My heart broke for her parents because I was seeing first hand what they should have been seeing with their daughter.  And now, my heart breaks for Ty's parents.  What torment this must be.  To be so helpless in fixing it and protecting him.  Ugh.  Just a completely broken heart.  Add to that a sadness for this little boy that his life has been predominantly about cancer.  How is that fair?


http://www.superty.org/


Posting this is nothing at all.  If I can help this family get the word out and show support and love in the meantime, I absolutely cannot not post this.

No comments:

Post a Comment