Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/2012: Not gone, not forgotten

I know some would like to see me really be gone.  Others could care less.  And fewer still actually might be happy to see a blog come across from me.  Luckily for me, I blog for myself.  So, here I am.  It's been a month since I last blogged and that seems crazy.  The good news is, there just isn't much to ramble about.  Nothing's changed.  Husby still has cancer.  I still have endometriosis.  And my beautifuls are more beautiful - and fun - than they've ever been before.

The boys really are awesome.  And I say that in a completely 100% biased mom sort of way.  They are just so much fun!  I have to admit that I was a little scared of this stage.  The stage where they start walking and talking and truly getting into everything.  Would I be enough?  Could I entertain them enough?  Could I keep them safe enough?  Could I keep them fed enough?  Could I keep them warm enough on cold days and cool enough on warm days?  Just enough - could I be enough?  Well....my fears seem to have no basis in reality.  They love me more than ever.  They love Husby more than ever, too.  We want to be with them all the time - and they want to be with us all the time.  They are constantly excited about seeing what we will say or do next.  Turns out - we are enough.  In fact, we are more than enough.  We are exactly what they want.

What a beautiful feeling that is.  To be what your baby boys "want".

It is just.  So.  Much.  Fun.  I am eager to get up every morning to see what we're going to get into next.  I am way too eager to get home from work to see what's in store that evening.  I am just eager to be with them.

They love their daycare.  That is the one thing that makes being a working mom not so hard to take.  Yes, I would rather be a SAHM.  I would rather be with them all the time.  But they need more than me.  They really do.  They thrive on having multiple people involved with them day in and day out.  They, like their mom and dad, love having access to multiple people.  They love the various personalities.  They love that some people are more fun and some people are sweeter.  They love the variation.  They love the different toys and the different things they do at daycare vs. at home.  They are all too happy to stay home with me when I'm off work.  But they are incredibly thrilled when we pull in the daycare parking lot.  When we start to get them out of their carseats every  morning they are wiggling so much to get out of those seats and into their "classroom".  There is just a level of extra they get from daycare that they don't get with just me.  And they know the difference and like it.  It's a pretty amazing thing to see.

So...since my blog is less about weightloss these days and more about the fun of parenting twins...I think I'm going to change directions with it.  Not much sure how yet.  Whether I'll take this one down and start all over or whether I'll let this one morph into something new.  I do know that my journey to embrace is about far more than life as a bandster.  I've alienated some by talking about my beautifuls so I guess before I alienate more I need to say, this is what my blog is now.  If you don't like it, I'm not begging you to stay.  If you don't like me, I'm not asking you to start.  This is who I am, this is my life, and I will not feel guilty for it or be made to feel out of place for wanting this life that I have these days.

So who knows.  Just don't be surprised if this vanishes one day or if my history disappears.  It would be nice to share this with my family but I don't want to share my bandster life with them in the way that I have blogged in the past.  So, like I said, who knows what I am going to do.  All I know is change is imminent.  Now isn't that life?

7 comments:

  1. Talk about your babies all you want! It makes me happy for you to see you happy, and they make you happy. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope - not gone and definitely not forgotten. That's impossible. Change is imminent and I suppose we can either fight it or embrace it - but it's going to happen anyway. Don't they always say that change is the only constant in life? Wherever you blog - I'll be there. And even if you don't blog - I'll be there then too. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there some guidebook I missed saying we could only blog about the band. I don't. I did switch to my new blog since the other one was too "weight focused" because of the name. But yours is good. Just keep this one and you will see people just leave and others join. Up to you. As you say, you blog for you so embrace the journey. I think lots read. Not many comments anymore but mostly because we read on mobile or at work where it is too hard to comment. If the blog helps keep doing it, no matter how far apart the posts. If you get nothing out of blogging then say goodbye. It disgusts me that there are those you think are alienated. Are you getting terrible comments? Just do what you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, for one, will stay & continue to read your blog...if you decide to continue to write it. My blog used to be a lot different than it is now..I have "toned" it down some...why? Well because of my fear of people judging me & what I say..what I talk about. I have gotten a couple of rude comments & I let that get to me..to change what my blog was originally about. I'm mad at myself for that. But I figure that if people don't want to read about what I have to write, than they can just stop reading it. I only have like 32 members..who knows how many of those actually read my blog? I know that a lot of people read my blog that aren't in my members..because I can see it when I check the stats. I get kinda annoyed when people don't comment at all. Am I boring them? But my blog is for me...to write about my life & what goes on in it. There is no way that you can please everyone..not on here & not in "real life." That's been a hard lesson for me to learn. I love hearing about your adventures as a mom!!:) So please keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so happy to see your update. If you do change your blog please drop me a comment.
    Loved reding and seeing pictures of th boys. And you know how I feel about the great support from this wonderful blog community when life throws your curves. Be well and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved seeing your post and updates. And I love reading about your boys.
    Life is so unpredictable. Big hugs to you

    ReplyDelete