Fresh cut grass. Right after a rainstorm. My husband. Give me all three together and I'd be orgasmic.
2. What is your all-time favorite movie and why?
Blackhawk Down. Because it catches the camaraderie that exists in the military - something very hard to explain to people who've never been in the military. I love the last 15 minutes or so of that movie, specifically. I would have done anything and everything for anyone on my ship - even my most disliked shipmates.
3. What’s your trigger food?
hmmm. Cheetos are bad for me. But it depends on what we are triggering here. Are we triggering giving up on a diet/exercise regime because of frustration. Then McDonald's. Are we triggering migraines? Food doesn't do it for me. Are we triggering something good (a special night with my hubby)? Then chocolate covered strawberries and wine. We can trigger good things, too, ya know. :)
4. When someone you love is going through a difficult time – what are your go-to words to make them feel better – in just a sentence or two?
Go to words. I have found that it's unique to each person and situation. But in my mind, I can calm myself down to just listen and be a friend by telling myself "everything happens for a reason". I'm a firm believer in Karma - what goes around comes around, too. Every bad thing that has ever happened in my life has led to wonderful things if I would just stop and pay attention to what matters. Sometimes people are receptive to hearing things like "everything happens for a reason" but sometimes that just makes it worse.
5. This one is always the same. Who is your nominee for the blog of the week for YOU? Which blog OR comment touched your heart, spoke to you, stuck with you all week?
I actually wrote it down this week. I've read a lot of blogs this week, not just blogs written this week. And there are 4 blogs that really spoke to me that I read this week. Two from Amy W. "The Amy From Before" and "Deep Thoughts and Ham Wallets". *Kristen's Lapband Journey* "Looking Back Looking Forward" was another great one, to me. And finally. Big Girl in a Big World, my journey as a bandster's blog about the "Finger Monkey" was just awesome to me on many levels.

FINGER MONKEY was awesome. Ahhhh - Cheetos...gotta love Cheetos....and gotta love you!
ReplyDeleteGreat answers! Chocolate covered strawberries and wine always trigger something good!
ReplyDeleteWay to put a spin on #3! Yes..it could be a good trigger food indeed!
ReplyDeleteJust finished reading thru your blog start to finish. What a journey you have had with the insurance company, but it did all work out over time. You have had such wonderful travel experiences and your yard looks awesome! I look forward to following you. You are off to a great start!
ReplyDeleteSurgery Date: May 25
http://bandedandblogging.blogspot.com/
SO glad you're doing so well GF! Got to get caught up here!
ReplyDelete