Wednesday, January 19, 2011

01/19/11: What in the world!!!

What in the world is going on?  My band, "Lady", and I were living in happy harmony.

And then...

Last week...on Thursday...Lady started acting finicky.  No surprise, I was about to start my (.).

Why do (.)'s have to matter so much?

Friday the finicky-ness continued.  Saturday I started said (.).  The finicky-ness got worse.  So bad, in fact, that I was able to eat 4 shrimp for dinner and that was all.  Nothing else.  And those 4 shrimp were torture getting down.  I'd had a bowl of soup, miso soup, for lunch.  I did not eat the seaweed and I had maybe 4 pieces of tofu in that bowl.  So, essentially, broth is what I had for lunch.  Damn good broth...but broth nonetheless.

Sunday, the finicky-ness went away.  As is par for the course of my (.), or so it seemed.  I was able to eat a bowl of chili for lunch and meatloaf, a baked potato, and zucchini for dinner.  All went down fine and well and I was able to eat it all.

Monday...finicky-ness came back.  What?  WHAAAAAT???????????  T'was weird, though.  Went out to lunch with hubby and a friend and ate well until I got to what was basically a overcooked hamburger patty stuffed with cheese.  And that, my friends, seems to be when my world turned upside down and the axis jumped.

Dinner - leftover meatloaf and zucchini.  NONE OF IT WENT DOWN.  NONE.

Tuesday - leftover pasta for lunch.  Ate about 1/4 cup and only half went down.  Ever seen regurgitated pasta?  Miso soup for dinner with an egg roll.  NONE OF IT WENT DOWN.  Not even miso soup.  Well, the broth went down...up until the point that I decided to see if I could eat the seaweed.  That was stupid.  Just stupid.  I can't eat salad.  Even before this finicky-ness, ever since my last fill at the beginning of December, I can't eat salad.  So why in the world do I think soggy seaweed will work?  After the point of trying to eat the stupid seaweed...or, wait, my stupid self trying to eat the smart seaweed, well, it was done for by then.

So here's the thing.  I don't feel bad.  My energy is still up, I can still drink all I want to.  I don't feel even remotely bad.  If I were worried about hydration, you can be sure I'd be calling to get an unfill.  But there is no heartburn, there is no hydration worries, there is nothing besides I can't eat.  At this point I know, absolutely know that I am swollen beyond all get out.

Getting an unfill is not going to immediately relieve the swelling.  I will still deal with swelling for a few days - and then I'll have less fill.  So I'm not getting the unfill.  Not yet, anyway.  If anything changes in the hydration-ability, I will call immediately.  But water is going down fine.  Smoothies are going down fine.  If that changes, I'll change, too.  I promise.

In the meantime, I'm doing liquids for today and tomorrow.  Miso soup - sans seaweed and tofu.  Well, we'll see how dinner goes...I can't promise no tofu.  Today I brought bouillon cubes so that I can have a cup whenever I want.  That's it.  Nothing else.

I'll do the same tomorrow.  And if I feel like I need another day of this on Friday, I'll do that, too.  Or I might try adding in some mushies.

I know, at this point, that the swelling is my issue.  And getting an unfill will still leave me swollen.  And when the swelling subsides, I'll be unfilled. 

I promise, no heartburn, I can drink all I want.  Which means I can get in protein shakes (or smoothies). 

My husband agrees with what I'm doing/saying.  I promised him that if the ability to drink changes at all, I'll call for an appt.

In the meantime...this happened this morning....

In other news, my BIL and SIL - hubby's brother and his wife - just became parents in December.  And they asked us yesterday to be the Godparents.  That was shocking to me.  Incredibly shocking and incredibly endearing.  Make my year kind of shock.  Such a great thing and something we gladly accepted.

Work is still crazy busy.  But I think it should start to slow down - in fact it is.  I am reading your blogs.  Not commenting much, but I am reading.  And I'll get caught up, that I know.  Hubby and I are looking forward to a lazy weekend and if I can park on the couch as anticipated on Saturday, should do wonders for catching up.

199 is 65 pounds down, by the way.  Overall, from when I started this journey.  From my lap-band date, it is 48 pounds down.  Very slow - I am now 9 months out from surgery, I had anticipated losing more than 48 pounds in 9 months, but, of course, two months of pregnancy changed that.  So if I look at it as 7 months of being able to lose - and losing - then maybe 48 aint too shabby.  That averages out to 6.7 pounds a month and I can accept that...if I take out the two of pregnancy...anywho.

Hubby and I decided to wait until April to try again.  I don't think I can handle another "rare up and go" and get back to losing weight, just to immediately turn that back off again.  So, if I'ma 'rare up and go" then I'ma go for awhile.  We both think that April will be a place where I can accept turning the weightloss back off again.  And by April, if I can keep up with 6.7 pounds a month, that means I'll either be in or nearly in the 170's.  And I can deal with that.  Anywho, April is our magic 'try again' month.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week!


10 comments:

  1. OMG! Congrats on Onederland, so awesome, I want that tooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ONDER-FREAKING-LAND BABY!!!!

    So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and welcome to Onderland!!! I know how yu feel. My band acts up on me too every now and then to the point where I want an unfil and then it goes back to normal. Go figure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on Onederland! I agree that it's probably just swelling that's causing the problem. Sounds like you've got a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going through the same thing with my band a week ago. It eventually settled down, and I am very happy I didn't schedule an un-fill.

    Awesome on being in onederland! 6.7 a month is great, and you should feel good about it!

    And just think about how much healthier you will be in April, Best of luck to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo Hoo! Congrats on Onederland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on Onederland! I don't know what to say about the issue with eating solid food, but it sounds like you have a handle on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on Onederland. Very exciting. And sounds to me like you are making the right choice about holding off the unfill. I'd take a 6.7 lb weight loss average. You should be extremely proud. Especially handling your miscarriage without turning to food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Must be so exciting to see that on the scales! Congrats - hope the swelling eases for you soon.

    www.cassiethelapbandit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete