Anywho, what's the haps, you ask? Well, I had me some babies! Here...look...
My water broke on October 17th at 1:30am and that was that. I was 35 weeks and 5 days pregnant - so pretty good for twins, but still preemies. Baby A was 5 lbs 11 oz and 17.5" and Baby B was 6 lbs 6 oz and 19". They are both gaining weight wonderfully and while they did have some preemie issues, still do, kinda, they are doing really well in spite of it all. I wound up having a c-section because Baby B turned back to transverse at the last minute. Our doc said he was in distress and while I don't know what indicated that - his heartrate was always good and strong on the monitors while I was in labor - the only thing that really mattered was that everyone stayed healthy and happy.
I am still off work...don't go back until the beginning of March. I won't know what to do with myself. I've been off work since the middle of July. That's one "problem". The bigger issue will be not wanting to leave my sweeties. They are wonderful babies. They are six weeks old and they sleep for 4-5 hours at a time and never cry 'cept when they are hungry and they think we aren't hopping fast enough.
Anywho, there's kinda my story.
I wound up gaining 77 lbs with the pregnancy and have now lost all but 25 of that. I am finally cleared to get back to weightlifting but our gym was disassembled in June and moved to the garage - where it has not yet been reassembled. I suspect it will stay that way until after Christmas. I am still doing well with losing weight with just walking, so I'll keep working on that. It's only been six weeks so I'm not worried at all. I also still don't have any fill in my band. As long as I'm working on breastfeeding/pumping, I won't be getting refilled.
I've known since I started on the whole losing weight for good journey that a tummy tuck is in my future but it is most definitely decided at this point! My sweet husband and I figure will work on batch number two of kids in about a year and following that, I will finish the weightloss journey and the tummy tuck will fall into place after that.
So there's the kicker that has everyone cracking up. I want batch number two to also be twins. Am I nuts, you ask? Have you missed me that much that you forgot that little nuance of Lori...she's nuts? So the answer is yes...yes I am. I am nuts. But these babies are such sweeties and so wonderful and I have the world's most amazing husband and I'm not on my own through the (sometimes) long nights...so yes, yes, I would do this all again. I would do this all again while chasing toddlers around the house, too.
Anywho, I'd love to say I'm back and that I'm reading and that I'll be more consistent about blogging and all that...but I don't think I can say that until I go back to work and then have hours of doing nothing. I'm no longer uncomfortable sitting at a computer like I was while pregnant...but I rarely get a good block of time to write a blog out - I've been trying to decorate the house for Christmas for nearly a week now and it's just barely happening tonight...as well as finally "finishing" the nursery. Yes, it's finally done...mostly...it will be done tomorrow. We need hooks to get things on the walls. But then that wasn't procrastination, that was waiting on replacement parts to arrive from the crib manufacturer...and those parts arrived the day after the boys were born...and, well, no, we didn't rush home and disassemble furniture to reassemble it since they were (and still are) sleeping in bassinets in our bedroom.
Anywho, I'm rambling. Life's good. I'm still around and I'm still planning on reappearing for good...soon, very very soon. I mean, I need to go to next year's gathering of the gals, so I've got to get back into this...soon...very very soon!
I'll check in again as soon as I can.

I'm so glad you did this post. I was just thinking of you the other day. I'm extremely happy that you and the babies are doing well. They are gorgeous by the way.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you. What a wonderful blessing!!!
L- they are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm so happy for you! And WOW! Great job on the weight loss already!! I'm sure you are keeping quite busy with these little misters, but so glad to see a blog from you!! Wishing you the happiest of holidays!!
ReplyDeleteThey are absolutely adorable. Congratulations!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! They are absolutely gorgeous babies. Can we know their names??
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures, thanks so much for sharing! Missed you. And you're not crazy... if I ever got pregnant again I wouldn't know what to do with a single baby. Craziness, I tell you!
ReplyDeleteI read this about 16 times...I've been waiting for you to come back...it's so good to see you here. I've missed you so.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Happy Holiday's to you and your family! They are adorable!
ReplyDeletecongratulations, they are gorgeous! Your weightloss is fantastic, very happy for you.
ReplyDeleteThey are just beautiful! You have a lovely little family! Warmest congrats!!
ReplyDeleteOMG, they are the most adorable little babies. So lucky all went well (sorta, kinda). But you got the two most wonderful prizes. Congratulations and keep on blogging.
ReplyDeleteThey are so precious Lori. I'm dying to know their names though if you care to share! Welcome to motherhood. :)
ReplyDeleteThey are beautiful.....congratulations!! Missed you!
ReplyDeleteI have been checking your blog every couple weeks to see if there was an update! Glad there finally is! They are absolutely gorgeous! Congrats to you both. I use to say I wanted three sets of twins! Enjoy your time with them!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Lori! So happy for you. The babies are beautiful and I was so happy to read your post. I'm not on here very much these days. I don't think you are crazy at all for wanting twins again. They are so precious!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to thank you for your kind words of encouragement earlier this year during my "traumatic" break up! I am so over that now and time definitely healed that wound and I know for a fact that I am much better off without that guy. Especially since I met someone at my reunion who I've known since 8th grade and we have been dating and the way he treats me is night and day from anyone else I've dated. Amazing how life works. Now I'm moving back to where I'm originally from next month to start a new chapter of my life. Can't wait!
Such cuties! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWow so awesome. They are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThat is so wonderful! Congratulations... I am sooo happy for you :-) Enjoy motherhood to the fullest!
ReplyDelete