I've had a migraine for going on four days now. I hate migraines that last this long. When they last this long, for me, they bring on tension headaches. Which just make the migraine worse. I don't feel like I should call in so that I can have my dark bedroom with nothing on...so I'm here...hopped up on drugs...trying to make it through the days. Luckily, the stars have aligned and so far this week I've had to move data from "archive" to "created". That took me all of about half an hour yesterday. I literally did nothing on Monday and nothing yesterday aside from that move...and so far, today...nothing. I'll take it. We are in a holding pattern...after all the "hurry hurry hurry" from last week, we (I) can't go forward with my project until another guy sorts out his issues, (which may be rather huge). So...it has become "hurry up and wait". I'm good at that. And I'm also not the reason my project isn't moving forward! Yay me!
We switched from Comcast to DirecTV over the weekend. Let me tell you...this process was not easy, seamless, or organized. We had the worst tech show up Friday (last week) and then Sunday...and he "didn't know how" to do most of what he tried to do. A different tech came last night to finish the job and a number of things had to be undone to be redone. That's part of where my migraine came from - it led to stress and my migraines tie to 1) stress, 2) exhaustion, and 3) whacky weather. If all three things don't align, I'm fine. If they do, I'm screwed. So hopefully, with our tv situation FIXED, maybe the stress component will remove. I'm probably screwed until I get my exhaustion fixed...but that's been my focus this week. Literally, instead of working out - I'm going to bed. I woke up this morning better than I have so far this week so I think I'm gaining the upper hand. I'm gonna try to get a workout in tonight...but sleep is still my priority. The weather...well...can't do anything about that one. And I love this weather pattern we are in right now, anyway. I'm whacky...so whacky weather appeals to me!
So...title..."If you never knew"....
If you never knew just how important blogging is, let me tell you. It's VERY!
I love my blogger peeps. I love reading my blogger peeps' blogs. I love my blogger peeps reading me - and egging, I mean commenting, me on.
I did not get to blog much for the last month. My weightloss slowed to a trickle.
I did not get to blog much for the last month. My workouts ceased.
I did not get to read blogs much for the last month. My motivation waned.
I did not get to read blogs much for the last month. My sense that I "belong" dissipated.
Now I know it's not that easy to "not belong", just as it's not that easy to "belong". But that sense comes from involvement and involvement has been next to nill. And I'm here to say "It Matters!!!!"
As my blogging has increased...and my reading of blogs has increased, so has my weightloss, my desire to workout, my motivation and my sense of belonging.
IT MATTERS!
Sitting here right now, today, I have this feeling like it's the blogging that's gotten me where I am. Not my motivation to try. Not the lap-band. Not my desire to eat mostly the right foods most of the time. It's the blogging! It matters! The blogging makes me treat the band better. The blogging makes me motivated to try harder. The blogging makes me want to be inspirational which makes me try harder which motivates me which makes me feel like I belong. And by blogging I mean both, the reading AND the writing.
If you never knew...IT MATTERS!
I love the blogging world. I love what I read. I love what it does to me. I love the personalities I get to see and the perspectives I get introduced to.
I don't ever want to go so long without reading again! I don't ever want to not blog for a month again!
I know that reality is that things will pop up and this may have to happen again out of necessity. But I know that I want to catch up and do what I can to always keep up. If I have to go quiet, that's one thing, but I don't ever want to go dark again (not that I wanted to this time, I really had no choice).
I've missed y'all. And I'm still working on catching up. And I'm glad I'm "catching up" and not just skipping to today and reading from there forward. I'd have missed all kinds of fabulous thinking, ideas, perspectives, stories, and attitudes if I had. Every story out there, that I get to read, is absolutely amazing and inspiring. So thank you to you, the bloggers that I read, the bloggers that I follow, and the bloggers that follow me. You all make me a better person!

We missed you when you were gone. Blogging is a big part of my success too.
ReplyDeleteI'm finding that blogging and reading blogs helps me stay on track even though I haven't been banded yet. It inspires me greatly.
ReplyDeleteBlogging is most definitely a huge part of the success of this crazy journey!
ReplyDeleteAmen Sista!
ReplyDeleteI know I wouldn't be this far without blogging. Kind of cool, isn't it.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you.. blogging is therapy for me.. it let's me know I am not alone, and I have 100 people cheering me on when I am in the crapper or frustrated. SO know that you can always turn to your blog friends to help you out!!
ReplyDeleteLove you, Girl!
ReplyDeleteUm yah, you know I puffy heart you....and so happy you are back!
ReplyDeleteWe are thrilled to have you back and I can So sympathize with the migraine situation...All throughout high school and college I would get them a few times a month and they were so bad they had me have 2 seperate CAT scans because they were worried about tumors. I truly feel your pain...Keep posting, keep reading and know we are here for you!
ReplyDeleteHope you are still feeling better! I think DirecTV TRIES to hire the most uninformed people there are! It's truly amazing they send people out with obviously no training whatsoever. But I do love my HD :)
ReplyDeleteMy surgeon stresses the importance of support. The Psych I talked to said it doesn't really matter if it's a real life support group, LBT or blogs. No matter what form, she agrees with you, IT MATTERS! That should be our new mantra :) I too struggle with feeling like I belong, not just here but IRL. Definitely something I'm going to work on during this journey!