Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12/28/10: My Christmas came late...

How was your Christmas?  Or holiday?  I know it's pretty presumptive to assume that everyone celebrates Christmas.  I hope you've had a wonderful season.

My Christmas was good.  While it has been the hardest Christmas of my life - harder than the year my mom died, harder than the year my dad died, harder than the year my step-dad died (my step-dad was more of a daddy that my dad was).  This year has been the hardest.  The year in and of itself has just reminded me of how very alone I am in a lot of ways.  My husband is my only saving grace at this point in my life and somehow, this holiday season has been the exclamation point on that statement.  Both on being alone and having my world tied solely to this wonderful man in my life.

Anywho...aside from the hardships, the actual day turned out pretty well.  I know that not all Christmas's will be like this, too, and that helps, as well.  I sure wasn't expecting this one to be as hard as it's been, though.

All in all, stress and sadness aside, Christmas Eve was great.  We always get together with my hubby's father's side of the family Christmas Eve evening and this party was a great one.  We like all of the people on that side and that makes it fun to get together with them!  How often can someone say that like ALL of their family members?  "Like" as in you never get enough time with them.

We followed that with midnight mass.  We are looking for a church for midnight mass other than our own.  Ours does a candlelight service and it leaves us both saying "that's it?".  So this year we opted for a church we'd heard had a great choir and orchestra.  Yeah.  Um...NO!  The orchestra was alright as orchestra's go.  But the choir....ummm...there were two singers in the choir that had no business being near the microphone.  One was flat and didn't understand harmony.  The other couldn't hit the right note...ever.  When the orchestra played, we both thought, "this is nice".  When the singers sang, we both though, "please make it stop!"  Add to that the priest didn't "speak to us"...so we will try a new church next year...

Christmas day was fun.  We got together with a much loved neighbor and her family for a fantastic feast.  And then MIL and her hubby arrived and we curled up around a fire and watched a movie I'd been given for Christmas.  It was a nice low key day filled with people that we love!

That worked out particularly well given how I'd felt leading up to it!  That's all I'll say there...

We've had the MIL and hubby with us since - they are headed home today.  The other great thing of the holiday was meeting my hubby's new niece.  She's a gorgeous little baby who has parents that are just thrilled at being parents.  Such a great filling, spending time with them.  I like my BIL and SIL and just wish they felt the same!  So does my hubby.... While we can't say "they don't like us"...they sure don't do anything to indicate that they do.

The best part of Christmas?  You ready for this?  Losing 3 pounds between the 26th and the 27th!  I have 1.4 pounds left to lose between now and Friday to reach my goal of onederland by the New Year!  I'm not doing anything to do this other than letting the band do it's job...but I'm hopeful that in the next couple of days I can pull off a pound or two more!

I'm hopeful!

And I'm pretty sure clothes shopping is about to commence. 

I love this fill!!!

So that's my news.  I can't wait to catch up on blogs and see how y'all have done!

Have a wonderful week y'all!


4 comments:

  1. Well good for you for losing and for being so close to your next goal! I am proud of you for being so strong wth all this being thrown at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great you are so close to Onederland. So happy for you. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas sounds exactly what you needed... nice and relaxing!!!
    And a loss of 3 lbs!! that's like the icing on top of the cookies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete