Sunday, April 11, 2010

04/11/10: Less than 12 hours

This is predominantly going to be a photo post.  I have pictures of the items I have received from the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.  And then I have pictures of all the yardwork that was done this weekend.

Unfortunately, not all of the yardwork was completed.  We still have to put together the raised garden beds and layout our anti-weed/grass fabric as we are starting these gardens on top of what is currently grass.  By the time we got done with what we really wanted to do today, we just did not have the energy to mess with the raised beds.  No worries there, we don't have the top soil, anyway.  We will have our gardeners do the filling when they lay fresh mulch for us.  So I would imagine that best case scenario, I wouldn't be able to get my seedlings in the ground until next weekend - and my sweet hubby knows that he will be doing that for me.  But, again, no worries, I haven't even started my seedlings yet.  I will play with that this week, actually, when I feel like it.

Other than yardwork, my big news of the day is that I'm excited.  My post-op liquid diet will be more interesting with more available options than this pre-op diet has.  I'm excited.  I can have apple sauce and oatmeal, my info sheets tell me.  I can have pudding - SF or real; I can have orange juice; I can have creamy soups and I can even have my smoothie the way I like it!

I'm excited. 

How pathetic is that that the post-op diet has more choices and options than the danged pre-op diet?  I won't care that it's liquiuds for seven days, I think, because it has far more variety than what I currently get.

Then I have two weeks on mushies.  And just think of all the things I get to add in then.

I'm excited!

Ok, now for the pics.


Ok, this is from Band_Groupie.  I am actually wearing a pink cami that I already had.  It doesn't really look pink, though, but it is.  :)











Ok, in this pic, the pants are from Band_Groupie and I'm using a sweater that I love.  These pants are still just a smidge too tight - especially around the waist.  I'm surprised they fit in the thighs.  Although they can certainly be looser.  :)

They are a very fine black and white striped pant - although you can't really see that in the pic.



This dress is from Kinzie.  I don't have any dresses that fit right now and so it's nice to have one.  Add to that I just love this dress!  It's super comfy and my sweet hubby keeps telling me how flattering it is!  Gotta love that!!








Another from Kinzie.  She sent this one to me with the tags still on it!  I should get a lot of wear out of this blouse as it's still snug around the hips.  I love the color in this blouse.  Very spring and summer-y!









Another one from Kinzie.  This is my favorite green.  This green can make my eyes do the coolest things.  And my grandmother will be proud - if she had her way, I'd only wear this color!










Another one from Kinzie.  I must admit, of all the clothes I received from Kinzie, I think this blouse is at the top of my love love love it list.  It is so cute, so comfy, so feminine and so easy.  Looking at the pic right now, I don't have it bloused very well but that's me, not the blouse.  :)








And that's it for the clothes.  I love the variety this adds and the color, too.  I had ended up with the typical fat-girl closet of nothing but black clothes.  And I also only had about 4 outfits I could wear to work right now.  So this totally expands my weekday wardrobe as well as my weekend wardrobe.  Yay for me!  Thank you so much, Band_Groupie and Kinzie!!!

Next up are pictures from the yards.  We did a lot of work this weekend but it's not done.  We will have our gardeners do the fresh mulch for us and we still have to build the raised beds yada yada yada.  In the meantime, this is a great start.  My sweet hubby will work on getting the teak furniture sanded and blasted this week so that our furniture, once again, looks inviting.  So here is...






12 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! You'll do great. New clothes are exciting aren't they?
    Your yard looks great - I'm so envious of that pool.
    See ya on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck tomorrow! we'll all see you on the other side. and the yard and the clothes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow! I will be sending happy, healing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, girlfriend. Make sure you take good care of those clothes because you'll be shrinking out of them soon and then I call dibs. They are so cute! And your yard looks great. We moved into a house with a pool a few years ago and haven't really done a lot with landscaping. You've given me some motivation. I'm loving that hot tub. I'd love to do that eventually. Good luck tomorrow. I'm so excited for you. Try to let us know how you did as soon as you can. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this - you are joining the club!!!!! So exciting! And FINALLY, right? Good luck & let us know how it goes. You will love the band.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck and well done for getting this far. You will be fine. You wont believe how quickly those lovely clothes will be too big. But at least you have some lovely colours to wear for now. Your garden looks fab! Not much point having a pool in the UK lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck tomorrow!! I will be thinking of you all day! Can't wait to hear from you that all is well.

    Love your landscaping and pool!! I am soooo jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you believe it's here already? Good luck tomorrow, I know you'll do great. Love the pool and all your landscaping looks great, all the clothes are so cute on you.
    Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the time your read this your surgery will be over!!!! I'm thinkning of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Luck thinking of you today!! Gorgeous Yard!! Do you live in FL?

    ReplyDelete