It was a crazy turn-around because I had a Dr. appt Friday afternoon. That led to us being back on "our side of town" at rush hour. Our side of town adds another hour from work to that drive to Austin. Funnily enough, as we drove to "our side of town" from work to the Dr. appt, from the Dr. appt to the grocery store, and then from the grocery store to home...the drivers were insanely crazy. I remarked to my sweet hubby just before arriving at home..."I'm glad we aren't on the road tonight" after just one more person tried to back into us.
Anywho, that Dr. appt translated into leaving Sat morning. And we did leave Sat morning. And we had a fantastic visit. And then we had to leave them earlier than we would usually do on Sun morning.
Why?
I had someone contact me on LBT saying that some people that live in my area would be getting together for coffee at a Starbucks that is about 5 miles from my house. I love the blog world for all the support that is out here and I think having some real life support would be great, too! It was/is a chance for me to turn the cyber world into real life. So I jumped. Hence the quick turn-around.
Unfortunately, I did not get to stay very long. I was only there for about 40 minutes but it was enough to get introduced, exchange contact information and chat and learn a little, too. It was fantastic! I met 3 women who are all banded. One is at a year out and the other two were both banded 7 months ago. They are all successful and have a lot to teach and share. It truly was great to meet them!
Anyway...it was a great meeting and I'm glad to know people outside of the cyber world. I look forward to getting to know them better and meeting up with them more in the future!
I had two very interesting things happen this weekend.
1) I drank beer. I drank multiple beers. They were good and they were the perfect accompaniment to the edge-of-the-seat hockey game yesterday. Today...I am up 3 pounds from yesterday and I am bloated beyond all get out. It seems to me these are the first beers I've had in months...oddly, without trying to, I just up and switched to solidly drinking wine, when I drank - which is maybe 2-3 times a week. I love beer...and I love all kinds of different beers...but I don't love beer that much anymore. Especially not if it's going to make me become bloated and gain 3 pounds. Interesting.
2) I had two NSV's. The scale isn't necessarily moving...but...all weekend...whenever my sweet wonderful hubby saw any glimpses of me...he'd attack. I noticed on Thurs...scale not moving...but things are lining up better with the body. What does that mean, you ask? Good question. My back roll is GONE! I had one that was sitting right where the butt-shelf starts. And it's gone. And when I look even more...the shelf is...kind of...blending better, I guess is how I'd put that. Well. I was jumping up and down with glee when my sweet wonderful hubby walked in the bathroom. And he wanted to know why the smile - so I pointed it out. He just about jumped out of his skin with glee - and proceeded to attack. :) Saturday night...I was crawling into bed with just my t-shirt, as is normal. And he saw a glimpse of I don't know what - and attacked. Sunday morning - attack. Friday night there was an attack, too. Sunday there were multiple conversations about said attacks. It's refreshing. He never lost interest in me...never wanted to not attack me...but the...desire was just not as strong. It's refreshing. He told me yesterday that I just look better. Some plumpness is disappearing. And then two hours later, standing in my kitchen with a friend/colleague, she says "you look really good". She'd told another friend/colleague to tell me this a week ago (and he didn't) and so was surprised that I was surprised. But I told her it was just 15 pounds at this point. And she said - the plumpness is just disappearing.
I haven't started my weightlifting. I haven't started my swimming. But in the past few weeks I have been working on water water water and protein protein protein. The protein, for the past 2-3 weeks has been higher than the carbs. And apparently, now that the muscles aren't starving the metabolism is reacting. Interesting!
So in other news, it's Monday. It's a new week. This week is an exciting week for me. See if you can guess the correct answer for why.
1) I get to get a massage on Tues
2) That massage is followed by our first trip to the Houston Rodeo. (Houston's Rodeo is the largest in the world.)
3) I am letting myself try out the pre-op diet so I can see what to expect.
4) I have my final weigh-in on Thurs morning at 8:30am.
Let me know what you think. :)
My pre-op diet is boring. Who's isn't? I get to drink protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and I get a 6-8 oz portion of lean protein for dinner with fresh veggies if I like. I can opt to skip dinner and just do another protein shake, too. I can add fruit to my protein shakes but I cannot have bananas. I can eat whatever veggies I want but I cannot have carrots or potatoes. So there you have it. Boring. I think I want to go get a jug of the chocolate protein powder I am using. I have found that I don't dislike the protein powder I have. I prefer it with the fruit but it's ok on it's own. I have a creamy vanilla option or unflavored. Like I said...I will probably add a chocolate jug, too. I got myself the Isopure zero carb whey protein. 2 scoops (if you want that much) in 12 oz of water has 52g of protein. That's A LOT! I'm fine with one scoop in 6 oz of water! This morning I added my normal fruit save bananas. Normal fruit is strawberries, mango, pineapple. I also added my Greek yogurt. I actually think I won't add the Greek yogurt tomorrow and will see how that is.
Speaking of yogurt. In all my world travels I have found that Icelandic yogurt is the best. Icelandic yogurt is just like Nordic yogurt. It's thicker, creamier, and tastier. Even more "er" than the Greek yogurt. I've not seen it at all here in the States...but my MIL found some in Austin. She didn't know what it was, just knew she wanted to try it and thinks it's the best. I'm so jealous! Whole Foods bought some land from my husband's employer and they are literally building a grocery store in his parking lot. That will make it very easy for us to get to Whole Foods and I'm thinking they might have it there. I hope so!
I was talking to my friend/colleague yesterday and somehow yogurt came up. She makes her own and is going to give me a starter. I'll be curious to see how that turns out!
And that's all I know!



Awwww - so nice to get "attacked" isn't it? Good for you!
ReplyDelete1st-Love your etching!
ReplyDelete2nd-Love that you got "attacked"!
They are beautiful. That looks like a cool hobby I am always interested in new things. I am so happy you are starting your pre op diet. YEAHHHH
ReplyDeleteAwww.... the loss of the shelf! Isn't that the best?!?!? I'm from a full shelf to a mini-window-sill now... LOL... YAY! Enjoy it. Nice to be loved for you and attacked - regardless of the reason!
ReplyDeleteYay for last weigh in...tentative date?
ReplyDeleteApproval is in the bag! Love the etching!