- I decided to try on some of the pants in waiting last night to see if anything new was ready to move into the rotation. Three pairs of pants were.
- I'm wearing one pair of said pants today. I assumed they were like all the others, an 18. They aren't. They are a 16!!!
- I went to a neighbors last night for dinner after my workout. I saw my neighbor on Sunday. On Sunday she proclaimed "it's just amazing how quickly you are changing, you look great, I can't believe how much you've changed in two weeks".
- I didn't expect to hear anything from her last night.
- But I did.
- "The progress is just absolutely amazing. Look at how little you are! And I just saw you on Sunday."
- Another neighbor was there and she brought her mom who is visiting. I haven't seen "mom" since early June. I knew she'd be looking and figured she'd be complimentary - because she just always is. The kind of complimentary that even if there's nothing nice to say, she still says it...making you wonder how true it is.
- Last night was unusual, though. EVERYTHING she said to me was started with "I just can't get over how amazing you look".
- (At one point she asked "are you feeling ok? How are you feeling".
- Ummm...no. I'm 50 pounds lighter and I feel like crap.
- Really? You have to ask if I feel ok? Just seems like a given to me that I do and it just keeps getting better.
- Then...we went home. And one of our friends that stays with us when he's in town was in. He's rarely ever there...I haven't seen him for probably two weeks or so. He's a major body-builder and spends most all of his free time at the gym, which is where he met his wife, who is also a major fitness buff.
- He saw me and about five minutes into the conversation he seemed to not be able to contain himself anymore. And with a huge ol' smile said "you are looking absolutely amazing, it's obvious you know what to do with weights, I can't believe the tone you are developing. It's just amazing, yes, I've noticed, you are doing so well. I can't get over it."
- I saw 214 on the scale last night.
- Yes. At night. I'm always at my lowest first thing in the morning...so I think that speaks volumes that I am continually losing through the day.
- As of today, first thing in the morning, I can officially claim 215.
- Drazil is pushing me to get out of my shell. It's working. Sunday night - to the neighbors. Last night - to the neighbors. Tonight, I'll be going to another neighbor's again. I picked up the phone and called my long lost BFF. I didn't get ahold of her, had to leave a message, but she's returned my call and we have a "date" to talk later in the week. I also saw two long lost friends on Sat. All this in less than one week....
These tests are coming along. Some of them are brutal. I just completed one that had content that has never been taught and if you were to peruse our intranet, our helpdesk, our software documentation, or our wiki, you still wouldn't find content that would help you answer the questions. It was frustrating. But I passed it. And I did learn in the process. One of my colleagues who did these tests last month said he thought that one was about the hardest test. I hope so. And I can also imagine so, others that I know I have left that I know will not be 'gimmes' will at least have content I can refer to. And I even know where that content is!
Forgot to tell you yesterday...one of the highlights of the day yesterday was...waking up...getting ready...going out to get in the car...and it's deader than a doornail. So we bought ourselves a new battery on the way home, plunked it in the car last night, returned the old battery so the recycling fee could be refunded and now have a completely functional car again. It's sad to me...that battery only last two years and about 50k miles. You'd think a battery could have lasted longer than that. Oh well.
Welp, that's about all I know. It's off to another test...
I hope y'all are having a fantastic week!

Those are great NSV's! You're doing so well and kudos for breaking out of the shell!
ReplyDeleteOkay holy great compliments....and OMG - I'm so proud of you. I know how hard it is for cuz I feel it too but doing it is half the battle. And I so hope you patch things up with the BFF! I bet she's happy you called. Keep going Lori - never give up....together we'll spread our wings and fly!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are hearing those compliments. Take them, you deserve them. Each pound is a victory IMHO. Good luck on the rest of your tests.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing wonderfully!!! I'm glad you've had so many NSV's to report!
ReplyDelete