Why?
Because I'm a nut.
But more importantly, because I had this horrid pain in my throat/chest.
Heartburn.
Sitting up seems to have helped but it's not gone...and I'm scared to go back to bed.
I was sleeping so danged good, too!
Dangit.
I'm not sure if papaya enzymes would help this...but, of course, I don't have any, so I can't find out.
The only thing I have is antacids. They've kinda helped.
Kinda.
So I'm thinking a couple things. One...last night...just before sleeping time...I was hungry. Stomach growling hungry. This is not unusual. It's when I usually eat that little bite or two of cheese I talked about yesterday. So I had a bite or two of brie. Did it not go down? It was another half an hour or so before it was lights out...
I'm also thinking that while I haven't been too tight...just uncomfortably tight...since my last fill....I also know that my (.) changes my fill levels. Saturday night I was able to eat rice, something I have not been able to enjoy with the most recent fill.
Most recent fill = JUNE friggin' 15th.
And I'm getting absolutely no relief, no easing back to "wide open". I'd have thought it would be sliding by now.
But back to the story. Saturday night...I could eat. Saturday was the last day of my (.).
Sunday it was ALL different. Sunday I was friggin stuck on mashed potatoes.
Now...this two month old fill...no...it hasn't been so bad as to make me so danged tight I could not eat mushies. But, like I said, each (.) seems to change my body's response to the band and it's fill level.
Apparently, my body's response this time is to slam it shut?
Yesterday, chicken salad hated me. For lunch. I have never had a problem with my chicken salad.
And then there was the brie. At bedtime. And there was also a vitamin.
And suffice it to say...here I am...at 4:48 friggin AM...up...because of heartburn.
I know it's me. I think I've finally gotten the message that my little bedtime snacks must go away.
I know it's me. This fill has been uncomfortable and wrong for two months now. I have an appt on Aug 24 and while I want to go visit them tomorrow, I'm sure I'll have no choice but to wait until Aug 24. I should have addressed this fill a month ago when I was thinking it was too much. Or two months ago...
I just want to know how I can make the heartburn stop. I'M TIRED! It's sleeping time!
And to make matters worse...so I had a fill on June 15th. I went back in on July 6th...appt was scheduled for a fill, which I did not want...because I was too tight...but I had this infection popping up at the site of the main incision. They put me on antibiotics and told me to come back for a follow-up appt on July 15th. I did. Infection looked good.
Infection is back.
So here I am...too tight...with an infection...dealing with heartburn for the very first time in my life.
I'm falling apart.
I'm so TIRED!!!

Awe, I'm so sorry you don't feel well. I would be bummed too. I hope you start to feel better!
ReplyDeleteYour problem sounds like what I've gone through the past 6 weeks. I was too tight than not, than i was and back and forth. My doc went to china for 2 weeks, I went to NY for 1 week, got my (.) and boom, could not eat ANYTHING. Lost 6 lbs in a week. Went last week for an unfill, feel much better but i am going today for an upper GI to make sure i do not have a slip or pouch dilation.
ReplyDeleteYou can start taking Prilosec for the heartburn.
If it's making you that uncomfortable, I would call the doctor today and see if they can get you in right away. From what my doc has told me (remember preband land here so take it with a grain of salt), most docs will try to get you in right away if you think you need an unfill because it can be dangerous to be too tight for too long. Just my two cents. Hope you feel better.
ReplyDeleteThat sucks. I wish I knew what to tell you that would help! Hopefully at your fill next month they will have some ideas...do they ever do you under flouro? Do you think that maybe you need a little unfill?
ReplyDeleteBig hugs to you. Its horrible to feel all that stuff AND be tired. I hope you get everything sorted out soon honey. I have only had one fill since March 22nd and I have some days when yogurt wont go down then other days I can eat pizza???? I'm not sure if I will ever sort this daily change out and stop throwing up. But my next fill is Sept 3rd so hopefully things will improve by then. Good luck x
ReplyDeleteI am going thru the same thing...My last fill was in May and I have been tight! Eating liquids. Need to make a doc appointment!
ReplyDeleteTook some Zantac last night and it helped. Cheese would be a major no no before dinner. Sorry...
Hope you feel better soon!
My goodness 3 am!! I hope you get to feeling better. And I hope that get that infection under control.
ReplyDelete