I forgot to tell you yesterday! I can't believe I forgot. But I was so consumed with whether I was going to be able to consume enough to make me feel full that I just flat out forgot. So here is.
My paperwork was officially submitted to the insurance company on Monday around noon. I am going to make my first phone call today to let them know I'm on this.
In the meantime, my advocate let me make my pre-op appt/class. I am scheduled for next Weds (17th) at noon - although I need to call before showing up to verify that the start time hasn't changed or get the new start time. It looks like, if I can get Cigna to behave, I can have my surgery on the 23rd.
I'm on them, that's for sure. I plan to explain to my peeps at Cigna exactly what I ended up telling my advocate and that is to explain why the hurry. I really do have a fantastic window of opportunity at work right now! I will make my first call to the peeps at Cigna today.
In other news, the food was perfect on day 5. I had my smoothie for breakfast. I drank my second protein shake around 2pm. Around 4 I dug into spinach and broccoli that I was kinda sorta like dipping in tarragon vinegar. And around 6 it was dinner time. No pictures, I forgot. Dang memory! But I ate out at a Vietnamese restaurant. Vietnamese is my absolute favorite and I had a grilled beef rice dish - but I had them hold the rice. So they served the grilled beef on top of all kinds of wonderful veggies. It couldn't have worked out better! My indulgence was a Vietnamese egg roll - ever had em? So fantastic! They are pork stuffed egg rolls, smaller than a Chinese egg roll with a very very thin wrap. And you take those and roll them in a leaf of lettuce along with cilantro. Drizzle a little fish sauce on top of that (or dip 'em). So good. I know I shouldn't have done it - but they are pure pork and the wrappers are super thin! Only source of carbs would be those wrappers and I'm pretty sure the carb count is actually pretty low. Yep, just looked it up - 10g of carbs. They really are protein packed and they really are awesome! Yeah...42g of protein. In one little roll!
They are a treat, that's for sure!
Maybe shouldn't have done that on the pre-op diet - but I'm not going to beat myself up about it.
Remind me of that if I get to the day before surgery and I haven't lost ten pounds and I'm scared to death I won't get banded. :)
In other news, woke up this morning and I'm down another 0.6 lbs. I'm still at 248 - but it's 248 and NO change...so hopefully tomorrow... I told my sweet hubby this morning that if this week keeps going as it's gone, it will be time to take pics again this weekend. Pics and measurements. In case you might not remember - cause I know your goal in life is to remember me and my blog - my plan of attack is to take pictures and measurements at every 10 pound loss. My 10 pound losses coincide with XX5's. And I'm hoping to see 245 by the weekend!
I'll tell you what - eating enough made a world of difference yesterday. I felt good and fine all day. And waking up this morning I feel energized and ready to go. That was insane to try to be pulling off 800 (or less) calories a day! But, in some ways, to me, it shows my commitment. I was trying to make it work and made it through 4 days before saying 'something's wrong here!' Of course, the last meal and the fullness from that all of last Friday helped give me some starting momentum, too.
Off to make my phone call. I hope they don't give me any malarchy like 'we have not received any paperwork'!
Have a great day y'all!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yeah on having a surgery date and yeah on another good food day!
ReplyDeleteDon't have a surgery date quite yet. Just a pre-op appt date...
ReplyDeleteGood luck today! You are doing great!
ReplyDeletePre-op dates are one step closer right!
ReplyDeleteHello! Congrats on getting a pre-op appt! I was just banded on 2-24 and it seems like just yesterday I had my first pre-op. It flies by. I hope all goes well! Check out my blog
ReplyDeletehttp://jaeworldizin.blogspot.com
Getting so close my friend...
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! I didn't want to ask because I thought you were waiting to do a special post LOL!!! Glad the veggies helped...and that date sounds perfect!!! Make those daily phone calls!!
ReplyDeleteYea!! I am so glad that thinks are moving along for you now!!
ReplyDeleteHope you can get Cigna to approve quickly for you!!