It's a Friday. I'm happy.
I got on the scale this morning. I do that every morning, so no news there.
Yesterday = 245
Today = 244
1 pound lost. I'm happy. I want to lose three more by Sunday. I'm going to try.
I am soooo sooooo soooooo soooooooo very hungry. My belly is growling constantly. Coffee isn't working and neither is tea. By the time we got home last night, it was all I could do to wait until the food was reheated to eat it. We had leftovers from our pork on Tuesday. It was SOOOOOOO not enough food. It didn't help that there weren't enough veggies to give me a whole cup. But, and this is on me, I wasn't interested enough to make new veggies with what's in the fridge. I thought to myself, I'll drink some hot tea and I'll be fine.
That worked very temporarily but not for very long. I took a bath and crawled into bed around 9:30 thinking I'd watch a little tv and go to sleep and ignore the rumblings. By 10, the rumblings were so rumbly that I couldn't get to sleep. It was 11 before I fell asleep. But I didn't cave. I didn't give in.
I was hoping today would be better but the tummy is already mad. I am going to go get some tea. I think the coffee I'm drinking is stopping me from falling asleep reasonably. Although it's only two cups - which is normal for me. But I've switched the time up a bit and I think I need to not do that.
Nonetheless, I'm down. And now it's the weekend. This will be a real test!
Just called the ins co. This very friendly but hoitey sounding guy said still no decision but it looks like a decision should be made pretty quickly.
I hope so. I was actually hoping to have a decision this week so that I can try to get on the schedule next week.
I think the one place where I really am struggling with this hunger is that I still don't know how long I'm going to have to do this for. I may be wrong in this thinking, but if I knew without a doubt where the end of the tunnel was, I think I could talk myself through this better. But I don't know. What I do know is that the one time I cheat, I will reset the carb clock all over again, I will pack on pounds quickly. So I won't cheat. But this time next week...that might get to be too hard for me, if I still don't know where the end is. I need need need y'all to help me here. What would you do? Would you be willing to do an incredibly restrictive diet that is predominantly liquid for an indefinite period of time? Even if said diet is producing results of 7 pounds lost in 5 days?
I'm hungry, I have a headache that won't stop, I can't beat a cold back that hit me last week because I am not getting enough nutrients, my allergies, on top of the cold, are brutal, and I can't sleep because of the rumbling belly. I do not, absolutely do not, want to stop this diet again and start it up a third time, though. That's what got me through last night. I don't want to stop and start because it seems like at some point, this should start to dissipate a little, the rumbling belly, the headache, even the cold. At some point, it should start to be better. Right?
Please tell me it gets better.
Ugh. This weekend will be such a test!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sometimes when my tummy is rumbling like that just 2-3 bites of cottage cheese will stop it. I'm not sure what kind of diet you are following now but Cot cheese should fit in just about any of them. Remember, we're not supposed to be torturing ourselves. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping I can help here. My husband has to do a primarily liquid diet until his BMI is low enough to even have the surgery. He's been on it 3 months now! So...short answer...yes, some would definitely follow a liquid diet indefinitely. Me? Much tougher to say. All I will say is you're doing fantastic and according to my husband, it does get easier. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteThanks MandaPanda. I hope it gets better soon. I'm going to spend the rest of the day on herbal tea, I think. At least no caffeine there.
ReplyDeleteGrizzlyrider, oh believe me, what I wouldn't do for a bit of cottage cheese. Or cheese. Or a glass of milk. But dairy is off my list. Dairy all has carbs in it...a slice of cheese would be heaven right now. So would a lot of things, though. :)
Oh, honey. You're going through such a hard time and yet you can give me support on my posts. I honestly can't imagine doing what you are doing. I definitely think you could handle better with an end date. Remind me again why you are doing the liquid diet now before you get a surgery date? Can't you just eat a low cal diet with real food?
ReplyDeleteThis sounds really, really horrible! I am so sorry you are going through this. I agree that having an end date would make this a lot easier to handle. But from the sound of it, you are almost there. Just hold on for a few more days. Hopefully you'll have news by today or Monday and they'll get your surgery scheduled soon. In the meantime, prepare some more veggies so you can at least fall asleep without listening to your stomach complain.
ReplyDeleteBonnie - if I start this diet now and do this diet now, well, it cuts down my wait time for having surgery. They have enough flexibility in their schedule that they could put me on the schedule on Monday for a surgery on Tuesday. The only thing that would bar that from happening would be the pre-op diet. I've been doing this religiously since Mon of this week so if I get an answer next week, it's conceivable for me to be able to have the surgery by the end of the week. An answer from the insurance company is really the only thing in my way.
ReplyDeleteAmandakiska - lol, I realized how stupid that sounded as I typed it. Here I am, starving, tummy growling til no end, and I had more food I could have eaten. Pretty stupid. I had the logic going in my head that said "It's too late at night to eat" once it was past 9. Tonight I can guarantee I will have "enough" veggies! :)
Since you are having the bad headaches and constant hunger, can't you add a bit of protein? Usually, just adding a bit of protein will help tremendously!!
ReplyDeleteHoping you get a date SOON!!!
Gotcha. I didn't realize you could schedule that quick after approval. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteYou know how I feel about this situation! But it would help to have an end in sight.I really hope that they give you an answer soon becuase this isn't sustainable. You're doing awesome!
ReplyDeletei agree with adding in a little bit of lean protein like tilapia or salmon or something. you're doing great though. and your willpower is something i envy. i don't know if i could do it for an extended period of time. i did it for a month and it was very difficult at times. i wish i had some wonderful sage advice for you, but unfortunately i don't. keep your head up is all i can say. and make sure you eat your veggies. i'm pulling for you.
ReplyDelete