Literally. I'm sitting here in my office and I think "man, what a beautiful day"...and the tears start falling.
Then I think "today's the day they make a decision"...and more tears fall.
Then I think "I hope BG starts to feel better soon!"....and more tears fall.
Then I think "it's lunchtime"...and then the nose starts to drip.
Then I think "I wonder why Drazil is being so quiet this week"...and then I'm bawling.
So I decided to take a break from my crying and went into a "quiet room" to call Cigna.
I was told to not expect an answer until April 16th or later. Earliest would be April 2nd, but my case has no priority.
And that was it. Now I'm an unincorporated water works!
I called my sweet hubby. He said hang in there.
Easier said than done.
I miss carbs. I miss serotonin.
When I was on the phone with Cigna, I just started bawling when she told me her standard response "your case is still in review". But I was bawling discreetly until it became time for me to say something next. And when I did, she instantly softened her voice and said she's so sorry but this is how they have to treat these cases.
I explained that I am already on the pre-op diet which consists of absolutely no carbs whatsoever and given that I'm a woman, that's a bad thing as no serotonin gets released. I'd be dealing with this self-imposed stress a lot better if I could have some serotonin, I think. She softened her voice even more and said she completely understands and that she knew what I was talking about.
She told me, get your surgeon to call in and explain that the stress is too much and we can make something happen sooner.
So I called my advocate. I got her voicemail. Hopefully she'll call back. And when she does, I'll explain what I know.
I'm still crying.
And I've decided, I'm going to eat some cheese tonight. I need some serotonin. I'm fiending for serotonin. Isn't that funny? It's like I'm addicted to crack...but in the form of serotonin.
Sorry, I don't want an intervention for this addiction!
I wish I could go to our cafeteria and just buy a block of cheese. How quickly after I eat cheese will I feel better?
hehehe....
Cheese. That's funny. I don't care who you are....

I am crying for you. This sucks so much. I really think that a little cheese is not going to ruin your diet. Hopefully you touched a nerve with that phone rep and she'll get your file moved to the top of the pile. I'm wishing, hoping and praying you get your auth soon.
ReplyDeleteYou call my Dr. Kuri, get on a plane and you'll be banded by Saturday! Only kidding! I can only imagine how much this sucks for you! Hopefully your surgeons office will be able to do something to speed this up. {{{hugs}}}
ReplyDeleteI am so bummed for you. I wish I could call Cigna for you and open up a big case of "whoop-a$$" on them and get your case expedited. I will say a prayer for you right now, regardless. Hang tough and know that there a bunch of us pulling for you!! :) ~HUGS~
ReplyDeleteOh man :( Sorry to hear you are having a bad day! My heart hurts for you. Hope your Dr calls you back! And I hope you enjoy the cheese!
ReplyDeleteI;m sorry. Maybe your doctor can pull some strings. For people who haven't been through it I don't think they get how much of an emotional decision it is. You have so many people on your side.
ReplyDeleteOh honey, i sooo know what your feeling, minus the diet but the want to get it done already. I will keep you in my prayers :0)
ReplyDeleteEat the cheese. {{{HUGS}}}
ReplyDeleteAwwww! I'm soo sorry. I had Cigna insurance a couple of yeas ago, but my dad's company switched. I'm craving for cheese right now also. I say eat the cheese. I don't think it will ruin anything. :) *HUGS*
ReplyDelete((((HUGS))))) So sorry you're feeling this way. Hopefully your doctor can get the gears turning for you. Stay strong and go ahead and eat the cheese.
ReplyDeleteOMG, now I'm crying too! What's it going to hurt... certainly can't be much... Eat the cheese, and besides, cheese has protein in it! I eat it all the time! Hang in there!
ReplyDeletei agree with everyone else. eat the damn cheese. lol and then if they ask if you followed the diet, TELL THEM YES!
ReplyDeleteI hope the cheese helps. Cigna stinks, we will throw rocks at them.
ReplyDeleteI agree with everyone else!! EAT THE CHEESE!! The Doctor would never know if you didn't tell him, I promise.
ReplyDeleteMaybe since you actually got a human response from Cigna, she will place a flag in your case regarding what was discussed and it will push through faster!!
I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for it!! I too shed a few tears for you today! You deserve better than this. You have been on their pre op requirements forever!!
Oh I so feel for you.....please make your surgeon ring them. You have worked so hard and deserve it. Did you eat the cheese???? I hope you feel better. I wish I could do somethingto help you...hang in there...we care
ReplyDeleteCheese has almost no carbs! You need that serotonin bad! I am thinking a bowl of cereal would do the trick (sorry!)
ReplyDeleteGosh it would be great if you could just put your surgery on a credit card - I bet you could get it done right away. (That is what I had to do BTW - I have supposedly great insurance that covers NO WLS at all!)
Why do you have to stay on this pre op forever? Can't you just do it a week before the surgery? This SUCKS and I feel so sorry for you!
A GREAT BIG HUG>>>
ReplyDelete